Friday, January 2, 2009

The house is on fire!

Sorry I have not been on for a while, I've had some distractions lately. On December 16th 2008 my house burnt to the ground. It was 2 a.m. and providentially both my parents and all 10 children (of which I am the oldest) escaped unscathed. Nothing else did. We lost everything and coincidentally, our insurance premiums were defaulted a month before due to financial difficulty. Yet through it all we saw and still see God's hand all over the situation. We watched from the neighbors house as all that my father, my brothers and I had built go up in smoke. My mother had had my 9th sibling only a few days before and the ninth was her due date.

The people in our community and surrounding area immediately rose up to help us and we were quickly outfitted with clothes and other immediate necessary needs and help overwhelmed us. An account was set up at the local bank and it currently has $15,000 of $20 and $30 donations from caring people all over the state and country. This is a testimony to community and family and most of all... God.

1 comment:

Jesus Freak said...

Sorry to hear what happened.
I am glad though how you see God at work in your life and the life of others.